You might be wondering what the heck is that page. Well first I hate Facebook or most social media and people have an hard time to figure out how you could be allergic to that. So Instead of trying to explain anything, I will just redirect them here and update the content when I find new reasons to hate social medias.
For now, I would only list articles I stumble on which are related to social media. I work in a library, so I stumble on a lot of those articles. I cannot guaranty that they are all in english, and I will try to not only include the negative articles to be somewhat impartial.
Liking on Facebook good for teens stress, being liked... not so much
Facebook favorise la «contagion émotionnelle» à la suite d’attaques terroristes
Avez-vous les bons réflexes numériques dans les médias sociaux?
Les médias et les médias sociaux sont-ils les meilleurs moyens d’obtenir justice pour les consommateurs?
La justice pénale à l’heure des réseaux sociaux
Personal list of reasons to hate Facebook. Like I use to say, it goes from Identity theft up to mental health disorder.
- Identity Theft
- Everybody wants to be a super star: More gods than worshipers.
- Narcissistic and Histrionic Disorder
- Depression disorder
- I have 1500 friends and I know them all in person.
- Social Engineering
- Social Stigmatization
- Volunteer Big Brother
- Social Pressure
- The website that replaces the Internet
- personal information gold mine
- Propagation of rumors and fake news that people believe as real news.
- Emotional contagion during tragedies.
and much more to come